Dear fellow DC College Democrats,
I’m excited to announce that I’m running for President of the DC Federation of College Democrats. I look forward to bringing proven leadership to the table not only as the current Political Director for DC College Dems and as a campaign operative, but as a former Commissioner and the youngest Latino elected official in DC history.
Together we can create a stronger, more active organization, support & engage our DC College Dems chapters more, and make a real impact in local, regional, & national politics.
I’ve worked on a several campaigns since high school & as a student at UDC, including Martin O’Malley’s campaign on the governor’s leadership team and Ward 5 Coordinator for Councilmember Robert White’s successful Council campaign this past Fall. I’m honored to have earned endorsements from regional leaders & organizations like the DC Latino Caucus & hope to earn your support as well.
I wanted to share a few initial thoughts on what I’d like to do as President of DCCD:
- Engage, energize, and organize college students to get involved in upcoming local and regional elections. (Eg: VA Governor’s race, 2018 midterms)
- Focus on strengthening the organization internally by beginning to host periodic executive board meetings, quarterly DC College Dems meetings, & establish fundraising efforts in order to develop coffers.
- Develop a recruitment plan to expand involvement in DC College Dems and keep college chapters & members engaged throughout the year.
- Build effective partnerships with different caucuses of the DNC to cosponsor events, bring speakers to campuses, get discounted student tickets to events, and help out our chapter caucuses.
- Set up a voter registration programs encouraging students to register to vote in the District if they’re not registered at home.
- Continue organizing events featuring locally elected Democrats —like Mayor Muriel Bowser and AG Karl Racine— to engage and educate students about local politics.
I look forward to working with you and seeing each of you at our upcoming convention!
With warm regards, I am sincerely yours,